I’ll be the first to admit, in the past I didn’t take care of my skin. I would put on lotion but only when it was absolutely necessary. Now that I moved to Dominica I noticed that my skin is getting worse for many reasons; extreme sun exposure, bite marks from mosquitoes and tanning. To bring my skin back looking healthy I tried many products, some failed and some actually worked. Down below I’ll list the following products I use in my everyday routine and how I apply it step-by-step.
NIGHT ROUINE FOR SKIN CARE
- As I prepare for my night to end and go to bed I will hop in the shower so I can go to bed feeling fresh and clean. The soap I normally use is “African black soap” African black soap is made in west Africa from Palm oil, palm kernel, oil and water. It says on the label “The aroma and deep rich color result from the centuries old extraction process that blends the two ingredients together resulting in the finest skin cleanser available”. The reason I use this soap so much is because it relieves acne, removes blemishes, prevents rashes, itching, dry, scaly skin from developing, cleans pores & rejuvenates the skin leaving your body fresh and clean. You can get this product online or in some stores it depends where you live.
- After I get out the shower I try to keep it simple and just use one brand product because in the morning I uses lot of products and I try to balance it out as much as I can. I start with Clarins Paris ‘Moisture-Rich Body Lotion with Shea butter’ than I apply Clarins Paris ‘Extra-Firming Body lotion’ and this product lifts, tones, and smoothes skin
- Lastly, once a week I apply a lemon or aloe facial mask just to freshen my face and improve skin texture. I think everyone should use facial mask from time to time because is a way of relieving you’re face from wearing makeup all week and all day and it just gives you a glow.
MORNING ROUTINE FOR SKIN CARE
- In the morning I take another shower and reuse my African black soap
- After I get out the shower I dry myself and apply “Organic coconut oil” over the time, coconut oil heals dark marks and smoothes skin. Coconut oil can also be used for hair and whitening teeth.
- After I rub the oil on my skin I apply aveeno moisturizing lotion to make it less oily. I also have dark spot and brighten cream mix with my aveeno lotion.
- Since I have dark spot and brightening cream I have to protect my skin by wearing sunblock. I normally use 70° protection.
Following these steps can sometimes be exhausting or the process can be a little over-the-top but at the end of the day it’s worth it.